How To Be A Great Client
by Holland-Mark | November 19, 2009
In the long run, clients get the work they deserve from their agency. But over the long run, agencies get the clients they deserve from their work.
Among the implications, is that to do great work, you need great clients.
So what makes a great client? Here’s my list of client attributes that help me to do my best work…
- A single decision-maker, empowered with final decision-making authority
- A personal relationship, with trust and respect in both directions
- A focus on clear articulation of the problem and/or business objective
- The courage to face the truth and deal with it
- Crisp and direct feedback, whether positive or negative
- On-time payment
- The sincere belief that marketing is important
- A personal experience where great marketing changed the game
- A sense of humor
- High standards and expectations
What’s on your list?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Attributes of an Ideal Startup Partner (startupprofessionals.com)
- Is Your Agency Making Social Media Easy? (socialmediatoday.com)
- Marketing Isn’t A Destination. (makemarketinghistory.blogspot.com)
- How do you see your clients (myventurepad.com)
- 10 Commandments for Social Media PR Agencies (gallucci.net)